Chai-Spiced Apple Baked Oatmeal
I am in love with this season. It’s finally cool in the mornings and evenings, yet still sunny and warmer in the afternoon. I am thrilled for boots, jeans, sweaters, and most importantly way more use of my oven!
This recipe is quintessential fall. Warm and cozy baked oatmeal with all of the flavors of a chai latte. Baked oatmeal is one of my favorite weekend breakfasts, it’s super easy to throw together and you can relax on the couch with a cup of coffee and a good book while it bakes. Talk about cozy weekend mornings!
I’ve been making baked oatmeal for a few years now, always playing around with different variations, and this is one of my favorites. The chai spice adds a unique flavor and the apples at a nice sweetness and texture.
This baked oatmeal is healthy while still big on flavor. It’s naturally vegan and gluten free, and is only sweetened by the apples. Though I like it with a drizzle of maple syrup on top.
I hope this makes it on to your weekend breakfast rotation!
Note. I like this chai spice.
- 2.5 c old fashioned oats (gluten free if desired)
- 1 T chai spice
- 1 t baking powder
- 1 T chia seeds
- 2 T ground flax seed
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 apple, diced
- 2 c unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ c raw almonds, chopped if whole or sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, chai spice, baking powder, chia, and flax. Mix well.
- To the dry ingredients add the vanilla, diced apple, and almond milk. Stir until well combined.
- Add the oatmeal mixture to a 8" x 11" baking dish that has been lightly sprayed (I used coconut oil).
- Top the oatmeal with the raw almond pieces or slices
- Bake for 45 minutes until the oatmeal is set and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Serve warm with extra almond milk.